School Teacher Information
MY SNOW SCHOOL at Dagmar
Welcome to Dagmar Ski School - General Information
Dagmar Resort is the best student learning centre around including 18 slopes with varied terrain for all skill levels. Our beginner area is the largest around with a gentle slope and a Magic Carpet Lift (like a moving conveyer belt) which makes learning quick and easy! Our lift capacity will ensure your students are skiing and not standing in line.
Our student friendly cafeteria offers lunch options your students will love. Our charming chalet has beautiful views overlooking the slopes where teachers can watch their students in our Lounge while enjoying a coffee from our Coffee Bar.
All students will be outfitted in equipment customized to their size and skill level and will SKI OUT of the rental shop into their lessons. You’ll have to see it to believe it!
We can accommodate all of your needs and special requests!
Scroll down to view details or click here Meet the Team
Teachers…we truly appreciate all of your hard work in organizing out-of-classroom excursions. To make booking at Dagmar easy, we have a few helpful points:
1. We do not require a deposit upon booking trip dates
2. Upon booking you will receive an e-mail confirmation including a Teacher’s Handbook to guide you through your ski trip preparations (including arrival procedures, cancellation procedures, lesson procedures and everything you need to know!),
3. If you reserve dates with us and you need to change your dates, no problem. We are flexible.
4. We have an on-line option for payments. Parents can access your school trip on our web-site and pay using credit card. We will collect all payments (including the bus fee) and provide you with a spreadsheet of your participant information at any time prior to your trip. If we have collected your bus fee, we will provide you with a cheque of the total amount upon arrival. We also accept a ski trip payment in the form of a cheque if you prefer to collect payments.
5. The OSBIE Ski Trip Excursion Form can also be completed on-line by the parents. No more collecting forms!
6. Give us a call in the Snow School Office to reserve your dates (905) 649-2002.
Arriving to Dagmar on your trip day is simple! We will greet your bus and TAKE OVER!! You can relax and enjoy your day!
1. PLEASE STAY ON YOUR BUS! A Dagmar Bus Greeter will visit your bus and discuss safety information with your students before they enter the lodge.
2. The Dagmar Bus Greeter will guide your students into the lodge and put a ski ticket on each student and supervisor.
3. All original copies of the Consent Forms will be collected at this time. Any student or supervisor without a form will not have the ability to participate.
4. Students who are renting equipment will be guided to the rental shop. Any student with their own equipment will be required to leave that equipment outside on the racks.
5. Your school will have a designated area for back-packs, lunches etc….
6. Once students are outfitted, they will be guided to the lesson area for immediate ski or snowboard instruction.
7. The Ski Trip Organizer will then meet in the Snow School Office for trip payment.
8. Please ensure students leave all valuables at home the day of your trip. Dagmar Resort is not responsible for lost of damages articles.
The Alpine Skier’s and Snowboarder’s Responsibility Code is officially endorsed by the Ontario Ski Resorts Association. It is important that you, your supervisors and your students become familiar with the code as there are elements of risk in skiing and snowboarding that can be reduced with some common sense and personal awareness.
Please adhere to the code listed below and share with others the responsibility for a safe outdoor experience:
1. Always stay in control. You must be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
2. People ahead of you have the right-of-way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
3. Do not stop where you obstruct a trail or are not visible from above.
4. Before starting downhill or merging onto a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
5. If you are involved in or witness a collision or accident, you must remain at the scene and identify yourself to the ski patrol
6. Always use proper devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
7. Observe and obey all posted signs and warnings.
8. Keep off closed trails and closed areas.
9. You must not use lifts or terrain if your ability is impaired through the use of alcohol or drugs.
10. You must have sufficient physical dexterity, ability and knowledge to safely load, ride and unload lifts. If in doubt, ask a lift attendant. KNOW THE CODE – BE SAFETY CONCIOUS – IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY
Meet the Team
Get in Touch With Us
Ski Dagmar Contact Info:
Our Business Hours
Always call ahead or check facebook posts for updates and weather conditions.